Re: Arabic vim patch

--- digitect mindspring com wrote:
> on 2/18/2003 3:35 PM Antoine J. Mechelynck said the following:
> >
> > I agree; but I suppose someone else than me will have to do it,
> > since it involves a lot of compilations and I haven't got the
> > software for it. Let's hope the vim developers soon find where the
> > problem lies and how to solve it, ma`a sha'llah.
>
> WHOOHOO!! I finally see Vim presenting Arabic on Windows!
>
>   http://cream.sourceforge.net/screenshot-arabic1.png
>
> This with the 6.1.320 binary file we uploaded 2003-02-15. (Not the
> one today, patch 303 apparently isn't a problem for me.)

Wonderful - so the Arabic patch (can't you tell I have a one track
mind :-) works.  And it sounds like Tony found that patch-303 was
triggering his problem as he notes below,

--- "Antoine J. Mechelynck" wrote:
> Currently the fullest version of vim that works on my system
> is gvim 6.1.320 -p303 +w32 +ole +arabic -- if you can understand
> my shorthand :-)

Now that things have settled (without regard to patch-303 as it
has nothing to do with arabeyes), is it too early to start talking
about the Arabic patch's inclusion ?  I'll need to update the help
page (arabic.txt) to note knowledge about 2 known minor bugs (nothing
I'm planning on fixing soon since they are very minor but cumbersome);
other than that the patch is ripe and ready :-)

Thanks Steve, Tony for all your help and investigate diligence.

PS: no need to CC me since I'm on the 'developer' list :-)

Regards,