[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Arabic vim patch
- To: "Nadim Shaikli" <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
- Subject: Re: Arabic vim patch
- From: "Antoine J. Mechelynck" <antoine dot mechelynck at belgacom dot net>
- Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:35:34 +0100
- Cc: <developer at arabeyes dot org>, "Steve Hall" <digitect at mindspring dot com>, <bram at moolenaar dot net>, <vim at vim dot org>
Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> I would consequently suggest the following,
> 1. Review the comments/intent on all the patches,
> a. Those that haven't been accepted yet (not part of Vim's CVS)
> b. The official patches (301 - 320)
> to see if any address the problem area or touch it.
> 2. If #1 doesn't reveal any suspects, do a binary search on the
> patches by testing them. In other words, test 310 and see if
> there are any problems if no, then test 315; if 310 exhibited
> the problem go to 305, etc until you narrow it down.
I agree; but I suppose someone else than me will have to do it, since it
involves a lot of compilations and I haven't got the software for it. Let's
hope the vim developers soon find where the problem lies and how to solve
it, ma`a sha'llah.