Re: mined/mlterm ligature joining

--- Thomas Wolff <mined towo net> wrote:
> > > So please try the following:
> > > $ LC_CTYPE="whatever.UTF-8" mined -poX file
>
> > I don't have a UTF-8 locale available nor am I able to install one.
>
> You don't need to have one installed for this to work.
> Please just try the invocation as indicated above, mined will take
> notice even without locales installed.
> If you include LC_CTYPE=something.UTF-8 on Solaris and the locale
> is not installed, you may see occasional warnings from the command
> shell because Solaris is so stupid about recognition of locale and
> character encoding. But applications that detect LC_CTYPE themselves
> will still work accordingly.

It actually screwed-up my session - started seeing all sorts of
escape sequences on my xterms and I had to relogin.  To make a
long story short, I went to a linux box and tried what you note
(it had a UTF-8 locale) and things seemed to have worked without
a hitch.  Yup, mlterm and mined worked flawlessly and all things
(entry and display) are fine -- well done !!

> > The -U, as noted and as was discussed before, was supposed to remedy
> > situations exactly as the one I'm facing, no?
>
> No, sorry, the combining and joining property is not remedied with
> this option.

OK, could you please then add a command-line flag that would trigger
the same setting that parsing of LC_CTYPE and finding a "*.UTF-8" does
(I can even supply you a patch if you like :-)

> > If not, I would continue to suggest giving the user the ability
> > to force a UTF-8 locale upon mined command-line.
>
> Yes, as I said, I already added this. Do you want an archive update?

Ah.. sorry, I might have misunderstood - if you've added such a command
then great (do let me know what it is so that I update my cheat-sheet
and not bug you with it :-) also send me a tar ball so that I do a last
quick check (spare the mailing-list unless its a link).

Well done !!

Regards,