Re: BAD BUG (Was: Updated Windows Vim binaries with Arabic support )

--- "Antoine J. Mechelynck" <antoine mechelynck belgacom net> wrote:
> [...]

You don't need to set the encoding explicitly - for arabic to
function properly you simple need to set the guifont and :set arabic
(which enables rightleft, sets up the appropriate keymap and sets
the encoding).

> Also, the new arabic.txt helpfile is present in the ...vim/vim61/doc
> directory, but its tags or its name are not recognised by the :help command.

Tony, send me the file in private (ie. not on the list) for me to take
a look at it.  As for the help file and its tags - all should be fine;
it works flawlessly on unix.

For the record, again, I do not develop on windows nor did I add the
necessary hooks (whatever those might be) to the arabic patch for vim
since I don't know what those might be with regards to windows (I would
hope that someone who is familiar with windows coding would look at the
patch and make the appropriate changes/additions (if any) from the vim
camp since it would be something many people have already done).

Arabeyes developers - can't some of you test this patch ?  I need some
feedback ASAP !!!!