Re: BAD BUG (Was: Updated Windows Vim binaries with Arabic support )

Bram Moolenaar <Bram at moolenaar dot net> wrote:
> Antoine J. Mechelynck wrote:
>
> > > The Vim patch for Arabic support by Nadim Shaikli has been
> > > synchronized with Vim patch level 6.1.320. Also added is the help
> > > document arabic.txt.
> [...]
> >
> > I CAN'T USE THIS NEW VERSION!
> >
> > Unlike the previous 6.1.300 patched binary, it does not recognise
> > my Courier New Arabic glyphs with
> >     :set guifont=Courier_New:h20:cDEFAULT
> >     :set enc=utf-8
> >     :set tenc=iso-8859-15
> >     :set fencs=ucs-bom,iso-8859-15,latin1,utf-8
> >
> > The utf-8 fileencoding (with BOM) is still recognised correctly.
>
> Then what is the problem?
>
> Perhaps it's related to the patch that adds ETO_PDY?

[...]

The problem is: instead of Arabic glyphs (as displayed by the 6.1.300
patched binary), I get either strange accented Latin letters or hollow
rectangles. ga gives the correct numbers but the same strange glyphs. The
file I tested it with was an HTML document with Arabic text (and, of course,
Latin tags) encoded in UTF-8 with BOM. (NB: in UTF-8, the BOM defines not
the byte-order but the fact that it is UTF-8 rather than UTF-16, UTF-32 or
non-Unicode.)

Tony.