Re: Bayani status

--- Youcef Rabah Rahal <yrrahal42 hotmail com> wrote:
> Salam All and Idkoum Moubarak :)

Eid Mubarak to all !!!!

> I would like to take a few lines to talk about the current status of Bayani.
>
> Since the last release (0.1a, 27th January), there have been significant
> changes made, the three main ones are:

Youcef, make sure to update the Bayani webpage noting this post.
In other words, note your status post in the project page,

  http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Bayani

For some pointers on how isn't been done in the past look at,

  http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=KDE-i18n

and search for 'post'.  This will certainly keep those that are not
on the mailing-list informed.

[snip snip]

> For example, here is a practical question: should we make this script
> language "Shadda" and "Harakat" sensitive or not ? If yes, the user should
> type in the exact arabic word required by the parser, otherwise it would be
> a syntax error. If not (in order to have a more user-friendly script), we
> have to take account of any forms of the word that a user may enter (with or
> without Shadda, Harakat, Hamza etc), and it can quickly generate some
> headache to think about all the possibilties that a word can take in this
> case.

My guess would be not to bother with Harakat, Shadda, etc and to simply
keep it simple (for you and the users :-)

Keep up the wonderful work.

Salam (and ayamkoom saeeda)