Re: Problems compiling gnomequraan

 are they included in your /etc/ld.so.conf
as in the following line for example

/usr/local/lib

if not, add the above line to your ld.so.conf, and run
ldconfig -v

Thanks for the tip. For some reason, Redhat in its infinite wisdom decided not to put it in ld.so.sconf <<sigh>>. When I put it, the problem was solved.

Anyway, there are two other problems.
1- When I 'make' gnomequran, it tries to compile a test vorbis program that fails. It says, "test program compiled but couldn't run, possiblly because of linking problems". although I have vorbis, I even reinstalled everything related to it. The lib path is in ld.so.conf?! any help

2- Anyway, when I use ./configure --disable-vorbistest everything compiles correctly but when I launch gnomequran I get:

libquran initialization failed (-3)
What's the problem?