Re: CVS quraan

Once upon a time Ahmad Kamal wrote @ Sat, 01 Feb 2003 16:16:49 +0200

> Dear all,
>
> 	I am just asking about the way to use CVS to access the quraan project
> source code so that I can be of any help. I already have an account. I did
> my google homework and know the cvs basics (checkout, edit source code,
> commit), but I still can't connect correctly.
> It would be great if someone can show me a sample cvs session. (Just how to
> connect and get all the files to a local directory) though I already
> downloaded those files from the web (can I use those old files, I bet I
> can, but how?)
http://www.arabeyes.org/howto/cvs-howto.en/
simply:
that's what i use with katoob
export CVSROOT=":pserver:sameer at cvs dot arabeyes dot org:/srv/cvs"
cvs login
"no need to login again r to set the cvsroot if you are working from the checkedout directory"

cvs co projects/katoob

to checkout a tagged version
cvs co -r TAG_NAME projects/katoob

to commit:
cvs commit

> PS: I am using RedHat8. Mozilla is the only application that shows arabic
phoenix here!

> text. Does that mean I won't be able to use GnomeQuraan (bec it's arabic?).
gnomequran is Gtk2, if you have the arabic fonts correctly installed, it'll work fine

> If that's so, I'd suggest someone might write a getting started guide to
> reading/writing arabic on linux (with importing fonts and all,  ahem**
Mohammed Elzubeir was working on the arabic howto, i tried to help but couldn't make my way through the sgml/docbook stuff
I still have to go through the LDP author guide

> Mohamed Sameer** ahem).
what's that ??

> Thanks
> Looking forward to committing my code next weekend : )

- --
- -- Katoob Main Developer
Linux registered user # 224950
ICQ # 58475622
FIRST  make  it  run, THEN make it run fast "Brian Kernighan".