Re: itl CVS changes & Qs

--- Thamer Mahmoud <neokuwait at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> Nadim Shaikli writes:
>  > We also need to reach minor consensus on how to spell umm-alqura
>  > (or om-alqura or ??) -- does the organization itself note what
>  > they spell themselves as in english ?
>
> I just did a google search on this and they seem to always refer to
> themselves as "Umm al-Qura University". From now on, I'll be using
> that.

Umm Al-Qura (or umm-alqura) it is then.

--- While Thamer Mahmoud wrote:
> As for Mecca vs Mekkah, I prefer Mecca because it's in the dictionary ;)

I don't think it's a question of preference.  I looked a bit more deeply
into this and it does seem like (per the wikipedia link above) the name
now used and is offically denoted as 'Makkah'.  In our code, any time
I come across those names, I'll try to standardize 'em for consistency
(ie. use umm-alqura and makkah).

Salam (and sorry for the noise).