Re: autotools & prayertime

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> --- Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at bamdad dot org> wrote:
>
> Well a Makefile.cvs gives you more flexibility to add more 'features'
> and options - like 'make -f Makefile.cvs reallyClean' :-)

The reason I do not like these more 'features' and options is
that we all like package management options that are unified so
that when you download a tarball or checkout from cvs, you do not
need to read README, README.cvs, or the Makefiles in order to
findout what is what.  BTW, I have never seen projects cleaning
all those files.  Usually people put many of them in CVS itself.
But seems ArabEyes CVS is organized the other way.  I should look
around more next time (I work on fribidi).

behdad

> > >  2. Add a 'clean' option to the Makefile.cvs so that it goes back to the
> > >     pristine condition things were in before running 'make -f
> > Makefile.cvs'.
> >
> > When you have your Makefile out of configure, you can do
> > make maintainer-clean.
>
> That doesn't clean everything, but its a start.  No worries, we'll add
> our own directives and cleaners :-)

Comments above.