Re: Hijri code shuffle

--- Ahmad Al-Twaijry <msx at hush dot com> wrote:
> Please Nadim make sure you update the ITL page with the new file name.

OK, will do - I've made most of the changes I'd mentioned.

Here's what is left,

 1. Populate dir with various required files (COPYING, AUTHORS, etc)
 2. Better mirror the 2 calculation models in the sense that both
    should use the same structures, etc
 3. Write a full-fledge 'idate' application
 4. Create a true library out of this effort
 5. Update 'hijri' code with reingold's latest algorithm
    + Make sure to add Before Hijrah (B.H) abilities as well
 6. Combine this lib with the 'prayer' lib to create 'libitl'
 7. Release libs and applications
    + libitl
    + ipray
    + idate
    + ical (possibly)

I would much rather have umm_alqura.c's author (Mr. Fayez Alhargan)
participate in part #2 above (in lieu of me hacking on his code), so
do please let him know about it and see if he's interested in following
though with his work until it is a full fledged library.

One key hurdle is the need to have a more robust and accurate means
to calculate the dates.  I'm hoping that will come from Reingold's
latest book and algorithm (it does deal with B.H calculations, right ?).

Can someone take a look at that book and comment ?