Re: farsi. farsi! farsi? farsi:

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 10:53:04PM +0330, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> Oops. Sent empty last time.
>
> > Akka 2.0, may make up a good name.  I too prefer not binding a
> > new name to the same functionality.  Perhaps we would want to
> > give some hints and credit to pre-2.0 Akka.  Roozbeh?
>
> I prefer a name more neutral. Something that is not against the
> nationalism of any Arab or Persian or Hebrew person. Go find some!

I would suggest 'bicon' or 'beacon'. Either one should do. I too would
prefer to steer clear of anything nationalistic or political (e.g.
farsi, akka, etc.).

> > Roozbeh's and mine are in LGPL.  (Roozbeh?).
>
> Confirmed. If the license is incompatible with other things, let us know
> so we can fix it.

I am still unclear as to what the license would end up being.

> > Tables may need some update.  Roozbeh?
>
> They may need so. But I can't check that. Anyone interested, please
> check with the latest ArabicJoining.txt file in Unicode data files.

Will do, once this licensing issue is settled (and name).

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |