Re: ITL applications

Nadim Shaikli writes:

[snipped]
 > Thamer, the libraries are all there for you to do your magic on (do start
 > asking your "how to package libraries questions" :-).  One thing that I
 > did see missing from the 'prayerengine' is the ability to get the Qiblah's
 > direction based on current latitude/longitude.  For instance 'praytime'
 > (old code) would denote,
 >
 >   Qiblah = 118 56' E (From N)    -- for london (its default)
 >
 > it would be nice to have something like that added to the 'prayengine' lib.

Salam,

I have managed to convert the current code into a shared library by
using the autotools. The install process is now your basic:

./configure
make
make install

(There is also a 'make dist' for auto creating packages. very helpful!).

After the installation is done, files go into /usr/local/lib/ and
/usr/local/include/ and we can now build by linking to the library as
usual:

gcc test.c -o test -lm -lprayert

Also, part of the installation process is to install the 'prayert'
demo file into the user's bin directory. We could either remove this
feature completely, or we could replace the current 'prayert' demo
file with the complete app that you have developed. Thus the resulting
package would include a library and a command line interface for using
that library (this is similar to, for example, fribidi, but I'm not
so sure if that is a common/right thing to do).

A couple more issues:

- I'm currently not familiar with Qibla calculations but I have a book
  with a couple of chapters on this issue that I might be reading if
  necessary. In the mean time, if anyone familiar with it and is
  interested in coding a simple C function, be my guest :)

- We Still need a better name than the current or 'libprayert'?

In the next few days, I'll be doing some more thorough API/style
changes with the code (I'll update my code with what is currently in
CVS) and then I will send the new package to you and/or Ahmad T.

Regards,

Thamer Mahmoud