Re: Developer Guide

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 11:48:37PM +0000, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:

> I don't remember one at the moment, I will try tomorrow. But there is.

Well, I added as many references as I could remember as I went along. It
should be sufficient for the time being.

> Now, now. Remember you already had me learning SGML:( It's alright,

You mean I did one good deed in this life ;) Excellent ;)

> nevertheless. Just advice me about such helper program, and may be include it
> on your advice there.

I don't use those GUI's.. I wouldn't want to recommend one
specifically. I do know there is 'doxywizard'.

> Actually, I meant DocUtils, as in http://docutils.sourceforge.net , but leave
> it for now. We don't have many Python projects (anything besides Duali?) and
> when there are many, we can standardize.

Okay..

> Good. I would suggest that everyone can state (in INSTALL or README) on which
> platforms does the program work. And advice that everybody should try to make
> the software as protable as possible, but no more. This will help the porting.

I'm not sure I want to add that to the guide, but I guess I will -- at
some point. I'm tired of updating the document. What I have (rev 1.5) is
up now and I think it covers most of the basic subjects.

I already put Youcef in the credits although I am still waiting for his
update on the web todo list manager bit.

Boys and girls, the Developer Guide is in effect! In a few days we will
go on a crusade to ensure that all Arabeyes projects comply.

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |