Re: Developer Guide

On Sunday 07 December 2003 08:17, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> > Indentation
> >   You proposed for us not to use tabs. This goes against almost every
> >   project I have seen. Actually, it should be completely the opposite,
> >   we should try avoiding space indentation. This comes from more than
> >   just personal style but the fact that various text editors (atleast
> >   decent ones, emacs, vim, scintilla framework, gedit, etc...) allow
> >   a user to set tab-size. This means as a developer, if I like my code
> >   indented by two spaces, I just tell the text editor to do so. When
> >   using spaces you ARE seriously stuck with the given indentation style.
> >
> >   Please see http://www.gsp.com/cgi-bin/man.cgi?section=9&topic=style
> >   for a reference.
>
> Point taken -- Everone agree with Samy on this one? I don't mind
> changing it (making Python the exception to the rule -- I guess I have
> been too submerged in Python-culture ;)

This should be optional. My 0.00 Sudanese Pounds (This number is not
imaginary. FOOLSTOP) that a developer should know about expand and unexpand
that can easily convert tabs to spaces and vice versa.

--
Munzir Taha
PGP Key available:

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distro/mdkarabicsupport.html
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA