[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Developer Guide
- To: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: Developer Guide
- From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 11:24:27 -0800 (PST)
--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> I will want to make this a standard for all Arabeyes projects. So, all
> developers are advised to go over it and offer feedback. What would you
> like to see included in the document and what don't you like about what
> it proposes?
>  http://www.arabeyes.org/docs.php
- In section 2.0 point-6, tell 'em how to do that.
- Add to section 2.0 point-8a, "Use the list(s) for ALL your communication"
- Add the need for a periodical "status report" so that people know what
the current status of the project; the report is to be mailed to the
mailing-list and then linked-in to the project page.
- In section 3.0, s/those/these; add the word "suggested" before "rough"
- Section 4.4 has an extra "
- Section 6.1.1 - LICENSE should be COPYING
- In section 6.2 add some content with regard how to version. In other
words is 1.2.3 OK where as 0.41.96.2 not ? How and what ? The notion
of X.Y.Z - where 'X' if for major change releases, 'Y' for minor
additions and new features and 'Z' for bug fixes and very minor
changes/fixes (or similar).
Good work & Salam.
Do you Yahoo!?
New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing.