Re: CVS: projects/itl/libs/HujryDate ah-date.cpp

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 10:07:00AM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> --- Ahmad Twaijry <msx at hush dot com> wrote:
> > I have changes all the words to Hujry (I hope :) )
> >
> > BTW hujrah != Hujry
> >
> > On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 11:41:24 -0800 Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:
> > >I know it is your module etc, but I was nevertheless startled when
> > >I read 'hujrah','hujry' rather than 'hijrah' or simply 'hijra','hijri'
> > >etc... You certainly mean the latter, don't you ? ;)
> > >
> > >This is the case for all dirs/files under ITL/ ...
>
> I tend to agree with Youcef - 'Hijri' is the more common way its spelled
> and even pronounced.  In short, I believe that 'u' needs to be an 'i'
> (this is rather minor, so I'll shut-up now :-)

I would like to add my voice to the protesters here. HUjry sounds _very_
strange, it's as if non-Arabs are trying to speak Arabic. Please, rename
this back to what it should be, Hijri (or even Hijry is you can't live
without the 'y'). Hujry is simply wrong -- no two ways about it. I can
fix the dir names, filenames even on cvs.. and you can do the rest as
far as the contents of the files go.

On a side note, hujry almost sounds like Nadim's attempt at
transliteration (you should see him try to do Arabic on irc ;) -- but
even he knows better -- so what does that tell you ;) [Sorry nadim, I
just can't stop!]

Regards