Re: Akka

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 02:21:20PM -0800, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:
> Salaam Mohammed,
> First, Eid Mubarak, and I hope everything is alright.
>
> I made a patch for Akka. It is at
> http://www.geocities.com/malkarouri/newakka.tar.gz
> I think you should have a look at it. The patch is
> against the current cvs (which I believe is not that
> new ;). I have mentioned some points in the
> README.patchy file inside, but the patch uses no
> special tricks of fedora package.
> My questions are:
> - I have patched the Makefile.cvs and used libtoolize
> twice, you think there is a better way?
> - It is not actually fully working for Fedora, but I
> believe it will work for Debian, as it mainly upgrades
> to perl 5.8.1. In fedora everythings work but therre
> seem to be a font issue, or a conflict with the way
> fedora works, as redhat have switched most things
> internally to utf-8. I would like to know if it is
> working with you.
> - The only thing for fedora is the akka-conf-fc1.pl
> which uses chvt and setfont instead of consolechars.
> In think you can use the latter, which is commented
> out.

Got it -- will play with it tonight (soon as I get out of this office!).
Sorry, I have PILES of mail to go through so I might have already
answered an email on the same subject (I have no idea who I replied to
anymore!). Anyhow, I'm Cc'ing 'developer'.

NOTE: All emails not explicitly marked 'private' will be replied back to
on an arabeyes mailing-list (unless it's irrelevant of course).

Regards