debuginfo packages (Re: RPM released in accordance)

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:28:11 +0300 Mohammed Sameer <uniball at gmx dot net>,Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org> wrote:

>>I was wondering about the debuginfo package, What is it exactly ?

I know we've talked about this on IRC, but perhaps for the benefit of others:

To the best of my knowledge, the debuginfo contains the C sources and an unstripped version of the binary for debugging purposes although I've never been able to use them before. I'm not sure why but the debuginfo binary just doesnt run, so you may as well skip installing it.

The -debuginfo packages were built by default when I built the rpm.  I have yet to find out how to disable this.

Regards

Abu Bakar Al-Idrus