Re: pyduali

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 07:22:41AM -0700, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 07:56:10PM +0200, Ayman Negm wrote:
> >
> > I have some questions :-)
> >
> > - Does it make sense to add pyduali to debian when you wanna rewrite
> >   in C? As I understood you wanna add duali to Debian too.
>
> It makes sense to me.. was this a trick question ;) I don't think the C
> port of duali would be coming soon enough.
>
> > - Will you continue the development off pyduali after you wrote it in C?
> >
> Yes, that's the plan.
>

> > when pyduali does the same as the coming duali then it will not have any
> > meaning to add both into Debian ;)
>
> Depends on your take on it. I haven't made up my mind completely yet,
> about the future of duali. I am inclined to want to make the C port a
> plain library and pyduali being the driver.. again, I am not sure how I
> would like to take it yet.

well when duali's C port is a liberary, then AFAIK the name will be libduali in any
distrubution. To call pyduali becuase it is written in python is your
choice, but I just wonder ;) I think it would be better if pyduali's name is
"duali" even so it's written in python or whatever, you can later rewrite it
in the language you want, it doesn't matter to the user if duali is written in C or
python or whatever? It would be easier for you to concentrate your work
in one program because arabeyes need the rest of your energie ;).
The questions I asked you, other Debian users or developers would ask
you the same when you fill an ITP to include duali in Debian, in case it's not a lib
to avoid haveing more software with the same features, Other Distributions would do the same,
and the quality of your program will be higher becuase you have one to maintain ;)
I hope you understand me, it's the quality of Debian what I try to keep
and I just want to avoid that users have a software which it's not good
maintained, because you lose the interest in one of both.

Regards
--
 Ayman Negm

Debian GNU/Linux Project