Re: pyduali

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 09:57:13PM +0200, Ayman Negm wrote:
> Salam ya ward,
>
> I am here, I am not die :-)

Well that's good to know ;)

> your package is not lintian clean and it have more problems
>  with python, please as in debian-devel or debian-mentors becuase I have
>  no idea about python, I changed debian/rules debian/changelog
>  debian/copyrights please take a look too see what I chnaged and merge
>  it in your package you well found it there [1]. Another thing is you

Man.. I am almost sure the last time I told you they were ready lintian
was satisfied.. I changed things after that.. ugh.. will take a look (a
simple patch file would be easier for me to look at).. but I'll look.

>  would like to add duali-data as a package so it would be nice to send
>  and ITP for it like pyduali otherwise it should be pyduali-data

I do not want to name it pyduali-data. The package is data, and has
absolutely nothing to do with 'py'thon. In a few months I will  be done
with the C port of duali.. so, the whole thing with 'py' is to signify
that the package contains python-based duali. The data shoudl be
language-agnostic and I would not put a language-specific tag onto its
name.

>  in this case please send a mail to the ITP of pyduali to tell the Debian
>  community pyduali well have a sperate data package it's pyduali-data,
>  so everyone know there are new package or new packages ;)

I will..

> E: pyduali source: debian-files-list-in-source
> N:
> N:   Leaving debian/files causes problems for the autobuilders, since
> that
> N:   file will likely include the list of .deb files for another
> N:   architecture, which will cause dpkg-buildpackage run by the buildd
> N:   fail.
> N:
> N:   The clean rule for the package should remove this file.
> N:

Have no idea how to deal with this one.. I put a rule in there, but that
didn't work.

> E: pyduali: python-script-but-no-python-dep ./usr/bin/duali
> N:
> N:   Packages with scripts that are executed with python must depend on
> the
> N:   package python. Those that have scripts executed with a versioned
> N:   python package need a dependency on the equivalent version of
> python.

Never saw this one before. I got a whole different one ;) Okay, will
take a closer look.

P.S. I'm moving this to the 'developer' list on arabeyes.. someone might
actually benefit from this in the future.

Thanks