Re: Corrected libquran RPM

I inspected the code and found that error code "-7" means that libgnome cant find the audio (.spx) files. You will need to get those from the Arabeyes sourceforge download page (Beware: It's HUGE).

Actually, the only thing "wrong" with this RPM is that it doesnt include the Quran audio data. Upon inspecting /usr/share/libquran/libquran.xml, you will find that it is looking for Quran audio in /usr/share/libquran/audio.

Copy the Quran audio into that directory manually and it should work. I cant include it in the RPM since its so HUGE!

By the way, I havent gotten gnomequran to play the audio myself. The application runs, but when I click on preferences, I dont see anything listed in the "sound driver" selection list. I'm going to read up the mailing list archives later to see if anyone else had the problem, and perhaps if there's something I can do about it during the rpm build, I will include it in the next rpm release.

The thing I love about building RPMs is that you can include your own patches or fixes without interfering directly with the original tar.bz2 files.