[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: merge emacs-bidi into the main tree
- To: rms at gnu dot org
- Subject: Re: merge emacs-bidi into the main tree
- From: Kenichi Handa <handa at m17n dot org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:24:47 +0900 (JST)
- Cc: emacs-bidi at gnu dot org, developer at arabeyes dot org, emacs-devel at gnu dot org
- User-agent: SEMI/1.14.3 (Ushinoya) FLIM/1.14.2 (Yagi-Nishiguchi) APEL/10.2 Emacs/21.2.92 (sparc-sun-solaris2.6) MULE/5.0 (SAKAKI)
In article <E19oBXI-0000Ro-TE at fencepost dot gnu dot org>, Richard Stallman <rms at gnu dot org> writes:
> Synchronizing emacs-unicode to HEAD will take a few weeks
> more. After that, I'll take a look at Eli's code and decide
> what to do. In any cases, I will install the changes for
> BIDI in the branch emacs-unicode-2 because the current codes
> of emacs-bidi depends on automatic-composition facitliy to
> display Arabic and Hebrew, and that exists only in
> emacs-unicode (and in emacs-bidi) version.
> I am not sure what this means. What is the difference between the
> branch emacs-unicode-2 and the branch emacs-unicode?
To reflect the changes in HEAD to the Unicode version of
emacs, I made a branch emacs-unicode-2. When I finish the
work, emacs-unicode branch will be an obsolete branch.
handa at m17n dot org