[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: merge emacs-bidi into the main tree
- To: <rms at gnu dot org>, "Development Discussions" <developer at arabeyes dot org>, "Alex Schroeder" <alex at emacswiki dot org>
- Subject: Re: merge emacs-bidi into the main tree
- From: "Chahine M. HAMILA" <mch at chaham dot com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 14:58:11 -0400
- Cc: emacs-bidi at gnu dot org
- Cc: developer at arabeyes dot org
- Cc: emacs-devel at gnu dot org
> I would expect that it needs merging to be able to be installed
> into the current sources. Is someone interested in doing that work?
Hi, the screenshots look great, but I personally haven't used that one (and
don't know if I can right now since I'm not at my usual place and only have
a win32 machine for the few coming weeks).
Our resources on Arabeyes in terms of developers are very scarce, and my own
time resources are scarce too. But since I use Emacs a lot, I am definitely
interested in this, so if someone tells me what work is involved and where
it should be started, I could consider it if it fits within my time frame.
The problem is the code base of Emacs is huge and I certainly don't have the
necessary time to get into a fine understanding of it or even of every
detail of its architecture, but if the steps for merging the existing
patches are simpler than that I can undertake the job...