Re: merge emacs-bidi into the main tree

> From: gerd dot moellmann at t-online dot de (Gerd Moellmann)
> Date: 10 Aug 2003 12:42:37 +0200
>
> (Which is, BTW, where my intuition comes from, only that I didn't
> disable any optimizations, but implement one after the other until the
> result was "fast enough", for me anyway.

Just so we have a reference: what kind of a machine did you use at
the time you did that?

> In any case, I think it might be worth the experiment.  Computers got
> noticeable faster, maybe the picture is different now than it was in
> the late '90s.

True.

Btw--and this is just for completeness' sake--one of the design goals
of what I've written was to allow the reordering code to be called
from a variety of places, like if we need to encode text in visual
order so it could be sent to a printer.