Re: merge emacs-bidi into the main tree

--- Richard Stallman <rms at gnu dot org> wrote:
>     > What do Hebrew and Arab users think of it?
>
>     Arabic support in m17n's emacs code was very usable and almost complete.
>
> We were talking about the emacs-bidi code; your response
> is about m17n's Emacs code.  Are you talking about the same
> emacs-bidi code with a different name, or are you talking
> about a different version?

Sorry, I was talking about the code that was developed and is
currently hosted by m17n,

  http://www.m17n.org/emacs-bidi/index.html

> Is the m17n's Emacs code installed in the Emacs CVS repository?
> If yes, is it in the trunk or in a branch?

As far as I know the code developed by m17n is _not_ in Emacs' CVS
repository (my info might be dated though).  What Alex had commented
on in his initial post, I believe, was with regard to m17n's code
(his usage with ERC, etc) and my comments were to that end as well.
m17n.org's additions are _very_ usable and accurate from a user's
prospective and they (or similar :-) ought to get folded-in.  As
there has been a plethora of posts on this topic and there is
movement in that direction, this post/opinion is non-consequential.

Sorry for any possible confusion.