Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: merge emacs-bidi into the main tree

In article <ufzkd8rsj dot fsf at elta dot co dot il>, Eli Zaretskii <eliz at elta dot co dot il> writes:
> I'd prefer to call for volunteers to continue the work I started,
> namely, change the display engine to support bidirectional editing
> without processing batches of buffer's text.  (I can elaborate if
> there's enough interest.)  I have some unpolished stand-alone code
> that does bidi reordering sequentially, which should fit very well
> into the Emacs display engine, but someone needs to take that code and
> integrate it into Emacs, since I probably won't have time any time
> soon enough for this to be practical.

> If anyone steps forward willing to begin hacking the display code, I
> promise to help in any way I can.

I'm now working to synchronize the emacs-unicode branch to
the latest HEAD code.  As there were many cosmetic and
restructuring changes in HEAD, it's not easy to adjust the
code of emacs-unicode.  I think it takes two or three weeks
more.

After that, I can start working on bidi.  I'd like to
incorporate your reordering routine and my display routine
of emacs-bidi into the emacs-unicode branch instead of
directly into HEAD to avoid another synching labor.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
handa at m17n dot org