Re: fonts required for Vim Arabic support on Windows

On Sunday - 3.August.2003 [09:00:51 -0600],
 Scott Warnick (scottwarnick at comcast dot net) wrote:
 > The arabic.txt file says
 >
 > "Lastly, to display Arabic properly one will
 > require not only ISO-8859-6 (U+0600-U+06FF) fonts, but will also
 > require Presentation Form-B (U+FE70-U+FEFF) fonts both of which are
 > subsets within a so-called ISO-10646-1 font."
 >
 > I searched for these fonts using google, but only found XWindows fonts.
 > Does this mean that Arabic support for Vim is only available on
 > Linux/Unix or are there Windows versions of these fonts out there.

I believe the same 20x10 "mono" font noted works for windows as well
(check with the Cream project and/or the vim yahoo mailing-list archives;
I don't deal with nor develop for the windows platform, sorry).

  http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Khotot

 > I checked your website as suggested, but again I could find no reference
 > to windows fonts. I realize that arabeyes.org is supported by a Linux
 > users group, but I am hoping that you will show some mercy to those of
 > us stuck in the Windows world.

Again, check with those that use windows for better help - a number of
windows users were able to report back being able to use Arabic from.
You might find some pointers here,

  http://cream.sf.net

 > Thanks in advance, and thanks for making Vim available to the
 > Arabic-speaking (writing?) world.

Our pleasure - your interest is certainly appreciated; make sure to note
it to vim's developers as well (ie. make sure they know there are others
out there that see value in this support).

Regards,

 - Nadim