Adding Farsi support to katoob

Salam,
First forgive me if i'm sending to the wrong mailing list, but i didn't find the list for linuxiran
I'm one of the development team of Arabeyes.org, and one of the members of linux-egypt.
I'm currently the main developer of Katoob (a multilingual text editor "the main support is for Arabic")
And i'd like to add farsi support to the next version.
Current supported encodings are:
Windows-1256
iso-8859-6
and ofcourse UTF-8
exporting HTML numerical references characters are working for the following:
0x060c
0x061b
0x061f
0x0621-0x063a
0x0640-0x0655
0x0661-0x06ed
0x06f1-0x06fe

BIDI tags:
LRM 0x200e
RLM 0x200f
LRE 0x202a
RLE 0x202b
LRO 0x202d
RLO 0x202e
PDF 0x202c
ZWSP 0x200b
ZWJ 0x200d
ZWNJ 0x200c
--
I was wondering about the local encodings used by Farsi,
and any requirements you know necessary for adding that support

Best wishes,

--
-- Katoob Main Developer