Re: Katoob ver 0.3.0 Released

My Inbox Happily Received This From Jens Askengren @ 15 Sep 2002 12:17:08 +0200

> sun 2002-09-15 at 10.05 Mohammed Sameer wrote:
>
> > I think your words are better than mine,
> > but katoob actually tries to initialize the arabic keyboard if it's "the keyboard"
> > configured using the xkb extension. and if it fails, it'll display the
> > warning.
>
> If I have understand the code correctly, it would make sense to say that
> "you dont have an arabic keyboard" after line 130 in xkb_init():
>
> 	if (config->xkb_ar != TRUE) {
>
> but anything that calls xkb_error() before that point, does so because
> of a failed X*call, and should use the current "Initialization
> failed..."-message?
No, that's the only vall to xkb_error()
when any X call fail or there is no Arabic keyboard, config->xkb_ar = TRUE by xkb_init()

> > Do you suggest making it unlimited or making it a fixed number "4" for example ?
>
> An unlimited document history would probably make the meny very long
> after some time... I suggest setting it to 10 or some sane value.
that's the user's choice
to be a fixed number "10 for example" or to let the user choose from 1-10 ??

> I know it's a bad ide to put arbitrary limits on programs. But in this
> case I think the settings are quite esotheric and hardly ever used.
> Putting this kind of settings in the gui is just confusing.
> If this was Gimp or some program that would need 1M+ of memory for every
> undo step, then a limit on the undo stack would of course be needed.
gedit should be compliant to the gnome interface guidelines, but it also allows you to choose ?

> > plain UTF-8 stripes the bidi control characters from the buffer, so it can be opened by any utf-8
> > supporting editor which doesn't support the bidi control characters
> > "vim+arabic patch".
>
> Ok. All try to squeze that explanation into the translation ;)
> Btw, how do I know when you plan to release a new version of Katoob, so
> I can update the translations?

I can email you privately if you'd like.

--
-- Katoob Main Developer