Re: HWM: Desktop and Menu's

Salam,
This is why i am asking ;) to see what you think "Gnome, KDE or seperate one".
A small question has just jumped to my mind, would it be better to let the user chose? by making a program lunshes at the first start of hwm "like kpersonalizer" asking him what he wants? if he want gnome we make "~/.hwm/applnk" a link to "/etc/X11/applnk" and the "~/.hwm/Desktop" a link to "~/.gnome-desktop".

Sayed Jaffer Al-Mosawi wrote:

Why not gnome Desktop and menus? :^)

--- Haydar Net <haydar at haydar dot net> wrote:

Salam all,
I have changed hwm to be able to use KDE and Gnome
desktop and menu files which has almost the same form. What i want to
know is what you think about making hwm use the same desktop
directory "~/Desktop" as kde and the general menu directory /usr/share/applinks.

What is better, using a seperate desktop in
"~/.hwm/Desktop" and seperate menu's like "/usr/share/hwm/applinks" or
use the same desktop and menu's which kde use "~/Desktop and
/usr/share/applnks".

Regards,
Haydar

=====
      Sayed Jaffer Al-Mosawi
  Project:     Arabeyes Project (TM).
  Goal:        Bringing Unix to arabic world.
  Homepage:    http://www.arabeyes.org
  IRC Channel: #arabeyes / Server: irc.openprojects.net
  Browsing - Galeon = No_Browsing