Re: HWM: Desktop and Menu's

Mohammed Sameer wrote:

Embedded reply
My Inbox Happily Received This From Haydar Net @ Sat, 07 Sep 2002 14:13:33 -0400

I like this message, what is your e-mail client ;)

Salam all,
I have changed hwm to be able to use KDE and Gnome desktop and menu files which has almost the same form. What i want to know is what you think about making hwm use the same desktop directory "~/Desktop" as kde and the general menu directory /usr/share/applinks.

keep the good work,

Thanks

What is better, using a seperate desktop in "~/.hwm/Desktop" and seperate menu's like "/usr/share/hwm/applinks" or use the same desktop and menu's which kde use "~/Desktop and /usr/share/applnks".

Regards,
Haydar

I think it'd be better to separate the desk top "~/hwm-desktop" for example
I think it shouldn't be hidden too

Gnome desktop is also hidden "~/.gnome-desktop" but i prefer that hwm personal files be kept in one directory "~/.hwm"

About the menus ?
don't know, but i think it's better to separate them too "look at xfce, windowmaker, enlightnement,..." they all separate them i think
but why use those of KDE and not GNOME ? ;)

What i have already done "In my personal computer" is linking to "/usr/share/applnk" with the name "KDE Menus" and "/etc/X11/applnk" with the Name "Gnome Menus" because most of the RPM's installs the menu files to these tow directories.