Re: Arabic gkb

Hi Shooby ..
  The keymap you sent me work great .. buch better than the xkb map .. in
terms od nto needing to use the ALT key .. I as well created an xmodmap.ar
that works fine with me depending on what I understood frmo your keymap .. it
differs only in readability .. it uses the keysyms for Arabic that are
defined in X .. could you please use that keymap file xmodmap.ar instead of
the Arabic xkb map ?

when this is done we will be 99% done with the Arabic keymap issue
The last issue with Arabic .. is that there is some keys in the Arabic
keyboard that return 2 letters .. 2 letters combined .. as a combo .. those
letters are commenly used together .. is there a way to do something like :
keycode  28 = Arabic_feh Arabic_lam+Arabic_hamzaunderalef

ofcourse this won't work directly as I gave it to you .. the probelm is that
the shifted 'T' ( keycode 28) returns a Glyph .. not a letter .. so it can't
get through the shaping algorithm .. as you may notice the letter B in Arabic
keymap maps to totaly different range in the Unicode space because it maps to
glyphs .. while it should return 2 letters ( 2 letters in one keystroke) ..

I am wishing that this would be possible .. as I almost reached a dead end
with xkb with this issue ..

Later

(PS. please include developer at arabeyes dot org in your further replies, it is a
list for developers interested in Arabeyes projects and people there may help
us)

أنا

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi
===========================
Arabeyes = Arabic + Linux
===========================
! Arabic Keyboard
! contributed by: Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi at arabeyes dot org>
!
!
!clear Mod1
!clear Mod2
!clear Lock
!clear Control
!charset "iso-8859-6"
keycode   9 = Escape
keycode  10 = 1 exclam
keycode  11 = 2 at
keycode  12 = 3 numbersign
keycode  13 = 4 dollar
keycode  14 = 5 percent
keycode  15 = 6 asciicircum
keycode  16 = 7 ampersand
keycode  17 = 8 asterisk
keycode  18 = 9 parenleft
keycode  19 = 0 parenright
keycode  20 = minus underscore
keycode  21 = equal plus
keycode  22 = BackSpace BackSpace
keycode  23 = Tab Tab
keycode  24 = Arabic_dad Arabic_fatha
keycode  25 = Arabic_sad Arabic_fathatan
keycode  26 = Arabic_theh Arabic_damma
keycode  27 = Arabic_qaf Arabic_dammatan
keycode  28 = Arabic_feh UFEF9
keycode  29 = Arabic_ghain Arabic_hamzaunderalef
keycode  30 = Arabic_ain grave
keycode  31 = Arabic_ha division
keycode  32 = Arabic_khah multiply
keycode  33 = Arabic_hah Arabic_semicolon
keycode  34 = Arabic_jeem braceleft
keycode  35 = Arabic_dal braceright
keycode  36 = Return
keycode  37 = Control_L
keycode  38 = Arabic_sheen backslash
keycode  39 = Arabic_seen S
keycode  40 = Arabic_yeh bracketleft
keycode  41 = Arabic_beh bracketright
keycode  42 = Arabic_lam UFEF7
keycode  43 = Arabic_alef Arabic_hamzaonalef
keycode  44 = Arabic_teh Arabic_tatweel
keycode  45 = Arabic_noon Arabic_comma
keycode  46 = Arabic_meem slash
keycode  47 = Arabic_kaf colon
keycode  48 = Arabic_tah quotedbl
keycode  49 = Arabic_thal Arabic_shadda
keycode  50 = Shift_L
keycode  51 = less greater
keycode  52 = Arabic_hamzaonyeh asciitilde
keycode  53 = Arabic_hamza Arabic_sukun
keycode  54 = Arabic_hamzaonwaw Arabic_kasra
keycode  55 = Arabic_ra Arabic_kasratan
keycode  56 = UFEFB UFEF5
keycode  57 = Arabic_alefmaksura Arabic_maddaonalef
keycode  58 = Arabic_tehmarbuta apostrophe
keycode  59 = Arabic_waw comma
keycode  60 = Arabic_zain period
keycode  61 = Arabic_zah Arabic_question_mark
keycode  62 = Shift_R
keycode  63 = KP_Multiply
keycode  64 = Alt_L Meta_L
keycode  65 = space
keycode  66 = Caps_Lock
keycode  67 = F1
keycode  68 = F2
keycode  69 = F3
keycode  70 = F4
keycode  71 = F5
keycode  72 = F6
keycode  73 = F7
keycode  74 = F8
keycode  75 = F9
keycode  76 = F10
keycode  77 = Num_Lock Pointer_EnableKeys
keycode  78 = Scroll_Lock
keycode  79 = KP_Home KP_7
keycode  80 = KP_Up KP_8
keycode  81 = KP_Prior KP_9
keycode  82 = KP_Subtract
keycode  83 = KP_Left KP_4
keycode  84 = KP_Begin KP_5
keycode  85 = KP_Right KP_6
keycode  86 = KP_Add
keycode  87 = KP_End KP_1
keycode  88 = KP_Down KP_2
keycode  89 = KP_Next KP_3
keycode  90 = KP_Insert KP_0
keycode  91 = KP_Delete KP_Decimal
keycode  92 = Print Sys_Req
keycode  93 =
keycode  94 = NoSymbol NoSymbol bar brokenbar
keycode  95 = F11
keycode  96 = F12
keycode  97 = Home
keycode  98 = Up