Re: katoob does not run!

Mohammed Sameer wrote:
My Inbox Happily Received This From Amir Bukhari @ Thu, 28 Nov 2002 11:22:09 +0100

hi,
I am a new user, who want to let his linux talk arabic. I am using
Debian 3.0 woody and I have compiled katoob without any
problem but when I run it I receive this error:
** (katoob:372): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "Sans 10" falling back
to "Sans 10"

** (katoob:372): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "Sans 10" falling back
to "Sans 10"

** (katoob:372): WARNING **: All font failbacks failed!!!!
---
what that means?

Gtk tries to load the sans 10 font "this should be guaranteed to be present on all system" but it can't find it
what happens after that ?
a segfault ? or what ??
this happen when you start katoob or during your work with it ??
that happens when I start it and after these error it does not open at all.it closed
i think you need to install arabic fonts!
I have install them already from langbox.com .
this happen only with katoob or with other applications ?
I have no others arabic program but when you mean others gtk program. all gtk and gnome program work good

i need more info. plz

Katoob version 0.30 (latest)
gtk+ 1.2 enviroment
gnome 1.4
no kde lib..., I like GTK more than KDE and I will be very glad if i can  read and write in arabic