Re: Maalam Status

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 08:09:37AM +0100, Youcef-Rabah Rahal wrote:
> Salam to All !
>
> For those who forgot me (which would be quite normal ;)), I'm the author of
> these two posts:
> http://www.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2002/July/msg00015.html
> http://www.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2002/September/msg00029.html
> I have been quite busy working on my thesis, so forgive me for my silence,
> but I swear that I'm still active ;)
>
> In my second post I talked about a new project, which now I decided to name
> Maalam ("coordinate plane" in English or "rep?re" in French). I have
> started this program some months ago just to test xlib programming to draw
> scientific plots. It became now very ambitious and is in a good progress
> rate.

Salam Youcef,

I am glad that you have been working on something all this time ;) I would
suggest you apply for a cvs account by registering here:
http://www.arabeyes.org/register.php

I am making the assumption that you would like to put it on CVS.

> So thank you for reading such a long message. I just wanted to say that I'm
> not dead yet ;) and give a report on the work achieved.

I would also put this email in a README file or something similar to be part
of the documentation when you import the project. I will then create a project
page for it and we can have it tracked as it goes ;)

> Nedless to say that I would be very glad and grateful to receive any
> comments, queries, questions or suggestions from All.

I have a suggestion though. I'm not sure what your background is, but I would
start querying teachers (math teachers specifically) for things they would
like to see in such a program. As it is, it sounds like good ideas and no
specific usage. I may be wrog, so do feel free to correct me ;)

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=elzubeir