Re: Compiling Katoob

that's another issue, i'll tell you why
the keymaps are handled by the X server in 2 ways
either the xmodmap way "old"
or with the xkb extension and that's what katoob support right now cause
i didn't find a way to detect the available layouts using the xmodmap
"but i really wana get it done"
the problem well be the layout switcher'll be disabled but you can use
anyother program to switch the layout
if you are using kde3 that'll be fine
for me i also have fookb "layout switcher for WindowMaker"
although i don't need it with katoob but i need it with other apps

here is my part of /etc/X11/XF86Config which holds my keyboard
configuration
#    XkbDisable
    XkbKeycodes     "xfree86"
    XkbTypes        "default"