Re: Compiling Katoob

On 11 Jun 2002, Mohammed Sameer wrote:

[snip]
>     Wow!  Why doesn't it use the gettext installed on system by
>     default?
> it does unless you pass --with-included-gettext

I didn't pass this option, I used './configure --prefix=/home/behdad'.

>     >     After all these the compilation went somehow smooth, but when I
>     >     tried to run it, I got following errors, which this time I really
>     >     don't know how to cope with:
>     >
>     >
>     > do you have a .gtk2rc file in your home directory ?
>     > it looks like an issue with the fonts
>
>     No I don't have, and don't know how to create one.  Is it only a
>     font problem? So harsh?
> i donno if you have arabic fonts or not ?

I guess I don't have, which fonts do you reccomend?

> sorry it wasn't .gtk2rc it is .gtkrc-2 i think is the name, it contains
> your theme options like .gtkrc

I don't have any file starting with .gtk

> ok may you try using the configure script that is there when you
> checkedou katoob ?
> i'll try to hack the configure.in

Ok, I will update and retry.

> it did compile before on mdk 8.1 and 8.2
> what's your distro. ?

RedHat 7.1

--
Behdad Esfahbod				21 Khordad 1381, 2002 Jun 11
http://behdad.org/			[Finger for Geek Code]

Most non-Catholics know that the Catholic schools are rendering a greater
service to our nation than the public schools in which subversive textbooks
have been used, in which Communist-minded teachers have taught, and from
whose classrooms Christ and even God Himself are barred.
	-- from "Our Sunday Visitor", an American-Catholic newspaper, 1949