Re: Compiling Katoob

On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 21:14, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
    On 10 Jun 2002, Mohammed Sameer wrote:

    > On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 20:48, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
    >     Hi all,
    >
    >     Finally I checked out the arabeyes CVS today to have a look.  I
    >     compiled a full gtk-2.0.3 without any serious problem.  Then I
    >     started to compile katoob, which I found I'm going to have lots
    >     of troubles:
    >
    >     	* The first is that the new gtk and friends (pango, glib,
    >     ...), use pkg-config, and there is no gtk-config-2.0 anymore, so
    >     the configure for katoob nagged about an old verison of gtk-2.0,
    >     what I did to fix it was copying an old gtk-config-2.0 and hack
    >     it to work for the new one.
    > that's strange i know about pkg-config,
    > where did you install pkg-config, gtk, tec.......
    > -prefix= ??

    in /home/behdad, I have set up everything to be found in my home.

    > is the dir where you installed pkg-config in your path ?

    Ofcourse.

    > "on my system it's in /usr/bin"

    And in mine in /home/behdad/bin

    > there is an environmental variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH it should point to
    > where the gtk+2.0.pc is installed

    [behdad at gilas behdad]$ ls $PKG_CONFIG_PATH/gtk* | cat
    /home/behdad/lib/pkgconfig/gtk+-2.0.pc
    /home/behdad/lib/pkgconfig/gtk+-x11-2.0.pc

    >     	* The next problem was with 2 unresolved autoconf symbols
    >     BUILD_INCLUDED_LIBINTL and INTL_LIBTOOL_SUFFIX_PREFIX which were
    >     used in intl/makefile.in, what I did was adding following files
    >     in configure.in and then running autoconf:
    >
    >     	BUILD_INCLUDED_LIBINTL=yes
    >     	AC_SUBST(BUILD_INCLUDED_LIBINTL)
    >     	INTL_LIBTOOL_SUFFIX_PREFIX=l
    >     	AC_SUBST(INTL_LIBTOOL_SUFFIX_PREFIX)
    > the gettext portion of the makefiles is the most stupid part. don't ask
    > me how i made them done
    >
    >     	* Another problem arised with libtool, it seems that the
    >     package needs libtool (the error was so), but not libtoolized,
    >     what I did was:
    >
    >     	- run libtoolize.
    >     	- copy libtool and ltconfig from some other project.
    >     	- add one line containing AM_PROG_LIBTOOL in configure.in
    >     and rerun autoconf.
    >
    > sure you'll need libtool if you decide to use the included gettext.

    Wow!  Why doesn't it use the gettext installed on system by
    default?
it does unless you pass --with-included-gettext

    >     After all these the compilation went somehow smooth, but when I
    >     tried to run it, I got following errors, which this time I really
    >     don't know how to cope with:
    >

    > do you have a .gtk2rc file in your home directory ?
    > it looks like an issue with the fonts

    No I don't have, and don't know how to create one.  Is it only a
    font problem? So harsh?
i donno if you have arabic fonts or not ?
sorry it wasn't .gtk2rc it is .gtkrc-2 i think is the name, it contains
your theme options like .gtkrc

ok may you try using the configure script that is there when you
checkedou katoob ?
i'll try to hack the configure.in

it did compile before on mdk 8.1 and 8.2
what's your distro. ?

--
-- Uniball @ DALnet