Re: Printing Arabic UTF-8 text

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002 19:12:06 -0500,
  "Mohammed Elzubeir" <elzubeir arabeyes org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 03:05:12PM -0700, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
>
> > Lastly, I would like to note that there aren't that many options
> > out there for printing UTF-8 encoded text from the command-line.
> > 'a2ps' surprisingly
>
> Are 'a2ps' lists active (I remember someone noting otherwise). How
> can we get them involved? Can we start a channel of communication
> and make it Cc'd to 'developer' so we are all onboard?

It would be ideal to get in touch with them somehow, any help would
be appreciated (maybe someone could spend some IRC time in getting some
active people (email addresses) for us to follow-up with; there's bound
to be linux-specific printing channels out there) - I tried posting to
'a2ps' mailing-list, but it seems like my posts are simply disappearing
into the ether.

  http://www.gnu.org/software/a2ps/a2ps.html
  http://www.infres.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps/

It would also be ideal to get in touch with the various printing groups
out there as well; as they might have some info on this topic,

  http://www.cups.org
  http://www.linuxprinting.org
  http://base.freestandards.org/printing

Regards & volunteers are needed to take this on !!