Right-to-left Gnome

I just saw a screen shot from the Arabic translation of Gnome 2 at:

	http://amaoui.free.fr/gnome2/images/gnome2ar.png

Which clearly has two major problems, one is that the widgets are not
mirrored and the other is underlining breaks Arabic joining.

About the first, I remember Robert Brady telling me he had a patch for
mirroring GTK widgets, but unfortunately the guy has disappeared from the
Net. Does anyone have such a patch? Is there any chance of inclusion into
GTK? (I can take responsibility.)

And about the latter, does anyone have a clue about the possible source
and how to fix that? I just wanted to ask before jumping to code.

roozbeh