Re: emacs-bidi updated (2002-07-17)

On Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:36:05 -0700 (PDT)
     To: TAKAHASHI Naoto <ntakahas m17n org>
     Cc: developer arabeyes org, emacs-bidi gnu org

This message bounced recently, so I'm resending it -- track
the thread on the 'emacs-bidi' list if interested.

 - Nadim

--- TAKAHASHI Naoto <ntakahas m17n org> wrote:
> Sometimes it goes faster than we expected.
>
> Emacs for Arabic (and Hebrew) based on GNU Emacs-21.3.50 is available.
> Here are major changes.
>
> - "arabic-arabwin" renamed to "arabic" with bug fixes.
> - Fathatan, etc. in "arabic-translit" remapped.
> - Support for Hebrew in Unicode.
> - Experimental support for Hebrew points.
>
> For the details, see
>
>   http://www.m17n.org/emacs-bidi/index.html

The 'composition-lock-mode' doesn't seem to work any
longer for Arabic, could someone please confirm.  I have
the same exact setup for both emacs-bidi versions.  The
emacs-bidi from "2002-07-01" functions properly and things
are displayed correctly, but there is no shaping on the
"07-17" version.

Regards,