Re: Quran audio and CVS [WAS: Quran license]

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 02:41:01PM +0300, Ossama Khayaat wrote:
> I agree with Nadim on two main points:
> 1. We *should* use MD5SUM for the XML files
> to make sure no body tampers them.
> 2. It would be better if we move the audio
> files to an ftp or another place rather than
> the CVS because even I'm facing problems when
> I change/fix some of them or try to 'cvs update'
> to sync with the CVS repository.
>
> I don't know much about licensing and stuff
> alike, so, I won't comment on this :)

Salam,

I don't know why I just assumed that MD5SUM checks were
already used. If not, they definitely should be.

As for the audio files and CVS, I spoke with M.Yousif
about this briefly. He said he has a full reading of
the entire text but is in excess of 200mb and uploading
it is a real challenge. My suggestion was that if there
is a complete reading, it would not go to CVS. Instead,
put it somewhere where I can grab it, and we will put
it for download.

However, for the readings that are not yet complete, I
would rather not have to deal with bits and pieces of
uploads. In other words, I don't really want to get involved
in putting incremental readings for download everytime
a new bit is added. Instead, continue to put it on CVS until
we have a complete reading, and then we move it out of CVS
for download.

With all that being said, if uploading those audio files
to CVS is becoming a problem, then let give us a timetable
by which you think the current reading you are uploading
will be complete. We can work something out.

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=elzubeir