autotools and glib-2.0

Salam,

I know a few people here have used glib-2.0 (including M.Sameer here, HELP!)

I'm trying to get glib-2.0 included in my configure.in file. The problem comes
when the glib m4 macros are from 1.2 (haven't seen ones for 2.0). So, it tries
to run glib-config instead of pkg-config.

To illustrate (in configure.in):

AM_PATH_GLIB()
CXXFLAGS = "$CXXFLAGS $GLIB_CFLAGS"

This results in it trying to include the glib-1.2 library. So, when I
explicitly give it the version number

AM_PATH_GLIB([2.0.0]

it freaks out and says it doesn't know what I'm talking about..

So, what is the acceptable work-around?

Thanks
---
Was I helpful? Let others know: