Re: I want to join the Quran project

On Friday 13 December 2002 06:50, Mohammad DAMT wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 07:59:48PM +0100, Maher . wrote:
> > I want to work on the development of this library, but I want to know
> > what is left to do in this library. I also like to see the design
> > document if it is available.
>
> If Yousif hasn't touch search functions, then quran_search is not yet
> implemented.

I didn't do that yet, if you want to implement it.
Actually a weak one is impemented in QtQuran but I didn't transfer it to
libquran because of that, anyway look at searchform.* in QtQuran to get an
idea about what should we expect from a searching function.
Another thing that I would like to see implemented in libquran is supporting
multiple readings (Qira'at) in 'quran.ar.xml' it should be like this:
<aya id="1">
	<searchtext></searchtext>   ---->used for searching
	<qurantext></qurantext>     -----> used for (Hafs An Aasem)
	<warsh></warsh>              ------> used for (Warsh An Nafea)
	<qanoon></qanoon>          ------> used for (Qanoon An Nafea)
</aya>
so when I use quran_read_verse, I give it an additional argument to decide
which reading I want to take and then libquran searches for its tag and if
found return it, if not, this means that it's the same as (Hafs An Aasem), so
<qurantext> should be returned then.
I hope you get my ideas, so feel free to discuss them if you want.

--
Mohammed Yousif
"She is in my mind and soul, I love her with all my heart and blood".