Re: New Quran releases: libquran 0.21 and QtQuran 0.041

On Sunday 08 December 2002 19:56, Mohammed Sameer wrote:

> My Inbox Happily Received This From Mohammed Yousif @ Sat, 7 Dec 2002
> 23:53:06 +0200
>
> > I just didn't want to #include <quran.h> everywhere
>
> Why not ??
> It seems that you are using gcc 2.x
> cause if you were using 3.x it won't compile, due to the more strictness of
> gcc 3.2
I already did, will commit it later, I just 'didn't' want to now I do :-)

> > > $ /usr/src/qtquran-0.041/src/qtquran
> > > Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> > > Error calling quran_init()
> > >
> > > ??!
> > >
> > > had to dig through the source of libquran to find that it can't find
> > > /usr/share/libquran/audio and create it manually
> >
> > oh, no you do not need to create it if you don't have audio files
> > Anyway before typing 'make install' in libquran you should modify
> > libquran.xml to reflect the prefix you set
> > so if you did : ./configure --prefix=/usr , you shouldn't need to
> > modify it but if you did: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local or if you
> > did only: ./configure , you will have to modify libquran.xml to be :
> > <libquran>
> >         <datadir>
> >                 <text location="/usr/local/share/libquran/xml"/>
> >                 <audio location="/usr/local/share/libquran/audio"/>
> >         </datadir>
> > </libquran>
>
> strange! i did that, but it didn't work
> so i had to create them manually
hmm..., you are right, you must create them
I will fix that , and have QtQuran don't bail out because of non-existence
of the audio dir
Thanks for this :-)
> > > really i suggest that you print the return values from quran_init()
> > > it'll help the users troubleshoot it anyway
> >
> > my working copy have that, I just thought that "Error calling
> > quran_init() -2" will not make sense to a user, I'm planning to add
> > --debug option to configure that have that should make qtquran verbose.
>
> Error calling quran_init(), Return code is -2
> ;)

okay, already did that :-)
--
Mohammed Yousif
"She is in my mind and soul, I love her with all my heart and blood".