Re: BIDI tags Unicode values

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:11:46 -0700 (PDT)
Nadim Shaikli

> >  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/charset.html#h-5.3
>
> Cool, I didn't know about that (see 'developer' is educational after
> all :-)  What that w3c document notes, though, is like a 3 line perl
> script :-)

really, I'm surprised you didn't know them , I thought there use
was wide spread.
it took us ages to find out what their name is and how they actually
work, I thought it was a Unicode thing and spent a whole day in the
unicode webpage, ends up its an HTML standard inherited from SGML.

an interesting question now is how to refer to them in the arabic
interface, how would you translate HTML numerical character
reference??

I guess we need a more verbose README file for the next version also,
maybe I should start to actually help Mohamed instead of just bugging
him and asking for new features :-)

cheers,
Alaa
--
Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we
ourselves