Re: BIDI tags Unicode values

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 00:22:59 +0300,
  "Alaa The Great" <alaa annosoor org> wrote:

Alaa, when replying and including people's email addresses please try
to modify the email address a tad so as to fool email gathering bots.
Add NOSPAM or any string that a human can read that would bounce if
it were blindly collected -- I tend to simply remove the punctuations :-)

Regarding - HTML Numerical Character Reference,

> no it only works with browsers that support unicode, the difference is
> that it displays correctly when the whole document encoding is not set
> to UTF, so you can just embed some arabic text in a non UTF encoded
> document or use it in documents that don't set encoding at all, both
> are not good HTML practices at all I know but its not up to katoob to
> educate you :-)
> and this also means that the text displays correctly even if the user
> overrides the current encoding by choosing an encoding manually
>
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/charset.html#h-5.3

Cool, I didn't know about that (see 'developer' is educational after
all :-)  What that w3c document notes, though, is like a 3 line perl
script :-)

Thanks for the info.