Re: Akka merge

I am back and school has started. With 2 AP classes on my shoulders I am not sure of the amount of time I will have left for Akka's development. That configuration tool could take a little bit longer. Also, before you role out a 1.1 release, hold yourself and deal with the other problems. If you want release but my next commit has more code cleanup and optimizations ;). Regarding Akka's problems, this specifically includes some of the possibly redundant dependencies and the keymap/font issues that make Akka configuration so difficult for most users.

Regarding school, it looks like I'll be very busy with AP History, I am sure I will still have a bit of time for coding at the end of the day.

I will restudy Akka today and look at it's dependencies and find a way to have Akka deal with keymaps (compressed) efficiently and in a more user-friendly way.

From: Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org>
To: developer at arabeyes dot org
Subject: Akka merge
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 19:23:25 -0500
Sender: developer-admin at arabeyes dot org

Salam,

Since there were questions earlier on Akka's status, here is
a quickie follow-up. I merged the autotools_branch with
the main branch. So, 'chonfigure' is no longer going to
be a part of Akka.

Samy, I understand you are back from Syria. I hope you can
commit your patches sooner than later so we can wrap up
the 1.1 release.

As far as the configuring of Akka (gui and/or console
driven) is concerned, this largely depends on whether we
are going to keep the current dependencies. I know Samy
has been all about dropping as many of the dependencies
as possible (and I am fully for it). But, if we are
still keeping SWIG then I can do the console-based
configuration.. I really don't see a need for a gui-based
one. In either case, 1.1 should only include bug-fixes
and code clean-up.

Your thoughts?