Re: VIM-ar binaries for Windows

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 01:20:05PM +0200, Zsigri Gyula wrote:
> Dear Mr. Elzubeir,
>
> Could you possibly compile VIM-ar binaries for Windows,
> please, so that people who use VIM in Windows but do
> not know how to compile binaries could also write Arabic.

The reason we are not distributing any binaries for VIM (win32
or otherwise) is because of the way VIM is licensed. We are
also hoping that VIM's maintainer will eventually, finally,
and for the love of text editors, incoporate the patches
that were submitted to him about 8 months ago.

Unfortunately it seems that the patches are neither incoporated,
neither were they rejected. We are just hanging there. Write
to your representatives <g>

I am Cc'ing the Arabeyes 'developer' list as well as the
'vim-dev' list.

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know: