Re: more on Duali

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 07:24:54AM -0400, Kareem M Darwish wrote:
> AA,
> 	You can find both at:
> 	www.glue.umd.edu/~kareem/research
> 	If you have more questions just e-mail me.

Okay, I finally got a chance to have a look at stem.pl. That's
basically what I was going to do, but it produced a lot of strange
results. I realize that during the spell-checking process those
inaccuracies are not a problem, you just test against several
combinations, etc. But for the creation of the dictionary, accuracy
is the first priority.

Now, I can barely read Perl code.. and I'm looking at this (line
numbers between []'s):

[14]      $line =~ s/y/y/g;
[20]      $line =~ s/[AAAAAA]/A/g;

I'm not sure what that does, if anything. Isn't the normalization
done at the utf82morph level?

That's it for now, more to come ;)

Was I helpful? Let others know: